GIS Portfolio

As the final assignment of my GIS Internship class, we were required to make a GIS portfolio. My portfolio includes a little about me, my GIS resume, and examples of my work. I selected my best examples from my classes and included one example of a model I built in ArcGIS Pro. 

I created my portfolio in the same style as my resume, CV, and other portfolio work. I began using this format a long time ago. When professors began to ask for final portfolios or summative projects, I decided to create them in the same style. Hopefully, this will create an easy, cohesive look whenever I need to use these items in a job search. Because I intend to use my GIS skills within my archaeology career, I am not sure I'll need this portfolio in full. I may take parts of it to use in various parts of archaeology job applications. I did wish the Special Topics in GIS for Archaeology class was still offered so I would have learned how to directly apply my GIS skill to archaeology. I would then have had more archaeology examples for future job applications.

The blog we are required to keep was a good resource to create the portfolio. I skimmed through all my posts to find the maps I wanted to include. I did have to find module instructions a couple times to remind myself of how I created a map. 

The last part of the assignment for graduate students was to answer a couple of interview questions and record our answers. My audio recording is linked below.

Portfolio: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQ6mG00lpRRwLI6O2kVtvz3HxT3-rzdA/view?usp=sharing 

Interview Audio: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1c7jaZUAplasxuFtBairpYfObK4RtL4/view?usp=sharin



Comments