Topic 1 - Data Quality Lab 2

 

To determine the horizontal accuracy of the Albuquerque city and Street Map data, I selected 20 test points. I used the provided orthophotos as reference data. Next, I created 3 shapefiles (one each for city, Street Map, and reference points). I randomly chose the location of the 20 points ensuring 20% were in each quadrant and >10% of diameter apart. Points were placed at the intersections of roads. The map above shows the city streets and my 20 point locations. I then used the Add XY Coordinates tool to add the X and Y to the attribute table. Exporting the attribute tables to Excel allowed me to complete the rest of the accuracy assessment. I filled out the worksheet provided in the reading for the city and Street Map datasets. This step was fairly straightforward and just used Excel formulas. My accuracy assessments are below:

Street Map- Tested 158.34ft horizontal accuracy at 95% confidence level

ABQ Streets- Tested 13.62ft horizontal accuracy at 95% confidence level

Comments