Module 2 Lab: LiDAR

 This module covered two different topics in the lecture/lab. The lecture covered Watershed Delineation and the lab was working to calculate forest height and biomass density from Lidar data. I found learning the new tools to work with Lidar data very useful. Archaeologists use Lidar occasionally and I haven't had the chance yet to learn to work with the data. The tools were pretty straightforward and user-friendly which was nice. I'm looking forward to the next module which works with more Lidar data. Below are the maps I created for this module.


This map displays the Lidar data and a Digital Elevation Model I created.

This map gives information on the canopy density in the area.

This is a map and a chart of the tree heights in the Shenandoah Valley, VA.


Comments