Module 2 Lab: Land Use/Cover Classification and Ground Truthing and Accuracy Assessment

     


    In this lab, I created a layout showing land use and land cover (LULC) of Pascagoula, MS. I created a polygon around different land use/cover areas and labeled them with the level 2 code.  Code numbers and descriptions were recorded in the attribute table. Each land use/cover type was given a unique symbol. To test the overall accuracy of my classifications, I created 30 random points across the .tif. I created a new extent polygon around the entire image and used it to constrain the creation of 30 points. Each point's LULC classification was compared against Google Earth street view imagery.  The accuracy of the 30 points was recorded in the Truthing attribute table along with new codes as needed. 

Comments