Module 6: Rasters

This lab was a bit easier than the other ones. I think this is partially because a I have become more comfortable with coding but also I took another class working with rasters. My remote sensing class worked with rasters and bands in detail. Therefore, I was familiar with some of the terms in this module. This module's script created a raster that identified areas meeting slope, aspect, and land cover parameters:

  • Forest landcover (classifications 41, 42, and 43) 
  • Slope between 5° and 20° 
  • Aspect between 150° and 270

The hardest part for me was the syntax for the check extension and checking out/in the extension. I did not remember reading about these in the book. Therefore, the I initially did not understand the lab instructions. I had to go back in the book and reread the sections. Also, the example code helped me a lot. In addition, I really had to be sure that each line of code was indented correctly. Many times, the default indent was incorrect. It would not indent correctly within the if statement though this was easy to fix manually. Below is an screenshot of my code's output raster. The raster identifies areas that meet the parameters in green and those that do not in grey. 


 


Comments